Table of Contents
- Table of Best Motion Sensor Cameras
- Motion Sensor Cameras for Car Reviews
- 1. Vantrue Motion Detection Car Camera – Editor’s Pick
- 2. REXING Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam G-Sensor – Budget Pick
- 3. Rexing 3rd Generation 4K UHD WiFi Car Dash Cam – Best Value Pick
- 3 Best Motion Activated Spy Cameras Reviews
- 1. SOOSPY Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detection – Editor’s Pick
- 2. Rozetka Hidden Spy Camera Motion Detection – Budget Pick
- 3. NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detective – Alternative Motion Detector Spy Camera
- 3 Best Motion Activated Security Cameras for Home Reviews
- 1. Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera – Editor’s Pick
- 2. YI Dome Camera Pan Motion Tracker – Budget Pick
- 3. Zmodo WiFi Security Camera Outdoor – Alexa Compatible Motion Sensor Camera
- 3 Best Outdoor Motion Activated Cameras Reviews
- 1. YI Outdoor Security Camera Motion Detection – Editor’s Pick
- 2. sv3c Motion Detection IP Camera – Best Value Pick
- 3. Zmodo EZCam Wireless Two-Way Audio Camera – Budget Pick
- 3 Best Motion Sensor Hunting Trail Cameras Reviews
- 1. BYbrutek Motion Activated Wildlife Camera – Editor’s Choice
- 2. Reconyx HyperFire Infrared Digital Game Camera – Budget Pick
- 3. Bestguarder Trail Hunting Scouting Ghost Camera – Best Value Pick
In this age, hidden cameras are found everywhere, homes, offices, playgrounds, everywhere! They come in a variety of forms. Some of them are wearable body cameras, some are meant for bathrooms, and some are focused on Night Vision. They all serve their unique purposes so it’s important to find the camera best suitable for YOUR needs.
In this article, we’ll give you a detailed overview of the 15 best motion sensor cameras for car, spying, home, outdoor, and hunting purposes.
For those who don’t know, a motion-activated camera can detect movement in the environment. The moment it registers some movement, it starts recording a video. Furthermore, depending on the camera of choice, you can also get several different features. Some motion sensor cameras even take immediate snapshots and send you a push notification on your phone.
In some cameras, you can even adjust the motion sensitivity. Using a motion camera really helps ensure you don’t miss anything vital and it saves battery life and storage space as well because it’s not recording ALL the time. It’s a great way to catch possible burglars.
This article has been divided into 5 different subsections – Car, Spy, Home, Outdoor, and Hunting. We offer the 3 best motion detector cameras from each of those sections. This list has been compiled after we personally vetted dozens of other motion detector cameras in the market, and after consultation with trained surveillance experts and security firms.
Read on to find out about the 15 Best Motion Sensor Cameras for Car, Spy, Home, Outdoor & Hunting.
Table of Best Motion Sensor Cameras
|Name||Check Reviews||Purpose||Resolution||Lens Angle||Additional Features||View on Amazon|
|Vantrue Motion Detection Car Camera||Read Review||Car||1440p/ 1296p/ 1080p||170° Front/ 140° Back||Night Vision/ Parking Mode/ Microphone/ Time Lapse/ Temperature Resistance/ Loop Recording|
|REXING Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam G-Sensor||Read Review||Car||1080p||170° Front/ 120° Back||Loop Recording/ Gravity Sensor/ Auto Recording|
|Rexing 3rd Generation 4K UHD WiFi Car Dash Cam||Read Review||Car||2160p||170° Single Camera||Loop Recording/ Gravity Sensor/ Wide Dynamic Range|
|SOOSPY Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detection||Read Review||Spy||1080p||140°||Night Vision/ Loop Recording|
|Rozetka Hidden Spy Camera Motion Detection||Read Review||Spy||1080p||-||Night Vision/ Loop Recording|
|NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detective||Read Review||Spy||1080p||-||Night Vision/ Loop Recording|
|Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera||Read Review||Home||1080p||120°||Night Vision/ 2-Way Microphone/ Person Detection/ Voice Activation|
|YI Dome Camera Pan Motion Tracker||Read Review||Home||720p||112°||Night Vision/ Rotational Head/ 2-Way Microphone|
|Zmodo WiFi Security Camera Outdoor||Read Review||Home||720p||81°||Night Vision/ Voice Activation/ Weatherproof|
|YI Outdoor Security Camera Motion Detection||Read Review||Outdoor||1080p||110°||Night Vision/ Weatherproof/ 2-Way Microphone|
|sv3c Motion Detection IP Cameras||Read Review||Outdoor||1080p||-||Night Vision/ Weatherproof|
|Zmodo EZCam Wireless Two-Way Audio Camera||Read Review||Outdoor||720p||115°||Night Vision/ Weatherproof/ 2-Way Microphone|
|BYbrutek Motion Activated Wildlife Camera||Read Review||Hunting||1080p||-||Night Vision/ Weatherproof/ Low Trigger Time|
|Reconyx HyperFire Infrared Digital Game Camera||Read Review||Hunting||1080p||-||Night Vision/ Weatherproof/ Low Trigger Time|
|Bestguarder Trail Hunting Scouting Ghost Camera||Read Review||Hunting||1080p||-||Night Vision/ Weatherproof/ Low Trigger Time|
Motion Sensor Cameras for Car Reviews
1. Vantrue Motion Detection Car Camera – Editor’s Pick
The Vantrue Motion Detection Car Camera is our Editor’s Pick for the best motion sensor cameras for cars.
It’s currently one of the most powerful and popular motion detector cameras being used by professional car companies and Uber and Lyft drivers.
This is the best dash cam in the market and it can capture all of the car’s interiors.
It’s more expensive than some of the other motion sensor cameras in the market, but it’s well worth it.
What makes it so popular
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. REXING Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam G-Sensor – Budget Pick
The REXING Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam G-Sensor is our Budget Pick for the best motion activated spy cameras for cars. However, don’t let that fool you, it’s still one hell of a powerful dash camera. It’s designed in a way that it’s non-obtrusive and can be well hidden in the dashboard so the subjects are recorded without their knowledge.
- Dual Channel Recording: In addition to the front camera, a rear camera can also be attached. This allows it to record videos from both perspectives, front AND back. Videos taken from both cameras are stored side-by-side in the memory card according to the time that they’ve been taken.
- Full HD Wide-Angled Recording: The front camera can record full HD 1080p videos at an optimal 30 frames per second with a 170 degree wide-angle lens. It makes use of Wide Dynamic Range to produce a well-balanced lighting situation and footage. The rear camera also records video in 1080p but it has a wide-angle lens of 120 degrees.
- Loop Recording: Supports SD cards from 16GB to 128GB. A 16GB memory card can store up to 8.5 hours of footage. However, if the space is running out, the new videos will overwrite the old ones.
- Gravity Sensor: Whenever the G-Sensor detects impact or collision, it immediately locks and protects the videos so that they can be retrieved later and aren’t destroyed.
- Auto Recording: You can set up the auto recording feature so it starts recording videos the moment you start your car.
3. Rexing 3rd Generation 4K UHD WiFi Car Dash Cam – Best Value Pick
The Rexing 3rd Generation 4K UHD WiFi Car Dash Cam is our Best Value pick for the best motion sensor cameras for cars. It packs a powerful set of features at an extremely low price point.
- Ultra HD Video Recording: Can record Ultra HD 2160p videos at 24 frames per second with a 170 degree wide-angle lens. The entirety of the road can be captured in extreme details and clarity. The only issue is that the frame rate is slightly lower than optimal so it might seem like the video is moving a little slow.
- Wide Dynamic Range: The WDR feature allows your camera to adapt to different lighting conditions. As such, it can even record in low light without the Night Vision feature, even though the quality won’t be ideal.
- Loop Recording: You can set up the camera to record videos at 1, 2, or 3 minute intervals. The camera comes with an inbuilt 16GB SD card that can be expanded to 128GB. When the memory is running out, the new footage is written over the oldest ones.
- Gravity Sensor: The current videos get locked whenever some collision is detected. This protects all your footage.
3 Best Motion Activated Spy Cameras Reviews
1. SOOSPY Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detection – Editor’s Pick
The NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detective is our Editor’s Pick because it’s the best and most discreet motion sensor camera for spying purposes. In fact, this product also featured prominently in our list of the best outdoor hidden security cameras in the market. At the tiny size of 1 cubic inch and weighing just 1.44 ounces, it’s really one of the smallest motion detector cameras in the world, which makes it ideal for spying purposes.
You have the option of triggering Motion Detection mode. In this mode, it will start recording videos the moment it detects any movement in the vicinity. Additionally, it will also take 3 immediate snapshots that will be sent to your email address, and you’ll receive push notification in your phone so you can immediately take action.
What makes it stand out
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. Rozetka Hidden Spy Camera Motion Detection – Budget Pick
The Rozetka Hidden Spy Camera Motion Detection is our Budget Pick for the best motion activated spy cameras in the market. It’s the cheapest spy camera in the world and it’s extremely discreet with the appearance of a tiny black magnetic cube weighing just 0.8 ounces.
However, despite its small size and cheap pricing, it’s quite powerful.
What makes it stand out
3. NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detective – Alternative Motion Detector Spy Camera
The NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detective is extremely similar to Rozetka Hidden Spy Camera Motion Detection in terms of features and quality. The reason it places lower is because it’s more expensive, though it has better overall reviews.
As such, if you don’t get Rozetka because of its bad reviews, then this NIYPS motion detector camera is the next best option. It weighs just 3 ounces, is 1 cubic inch in size, and can be discreetly hidden anywhere in someone’s office, home, warehouse, etc. This NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Motion Detective also featured in our list of best mini spy cameras.
What makes it stand out
3 Best Motion Activated Security Cameras for Home Reviews
1. Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera – Editor’s Pick
This Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera is our Editor’s Pick for the best motion sensor camera for home use. One of the best aspects of this camera is that it works with Alexa and is voice-activated. You can use devices like Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Echo Show, or Echo Spot to speak to Alexa and ask it to show you the Cloud Cam’s live view, or you can trigger other functions similarly.
You can also subscribe to its advanced surveillance packages for a monthly or yearly fee. Depending on whether you get the Basic, Extended, or Pro package you can avail of features such as up to 30 days of Cloud storage, installation of up to 10 cameras around the house, push notifications on your phone, sharing of videos and clips, person detection, etc.
It’s extremely easy to install and use. You simply plug in all of the Cloud Cams, connect to WiFi using the App, and then get alerts whenever motion is detected.
What makes it stand out
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. YI Dome Camera Pan Motion Tracker – Budget Pick
The YI Dome Camera Pan Motion Tracker is our Budget Pick for the best motion activated hidden cameras for home surveillance. The best aspect of this device is that even though it’s extremely cheap, it still provides some amazing features for home security.
- Video Recording: Records videos in 720p quality with a 112 degree wide-angle lens. The field of vision could be wider, but this is pretty effective as well. Furthermore, it has a 345° horizontal & 115° verticalhead rotation capability. As such, it can give you a 360° look at every inch of your house. No other motion detector camera has this feature.
- Night Vision: Has advanced night vision capacity with 8 inbuilt 940nm infrared LED lights that can record up to 3 meters of visuals in complete darkness.
- 2-Way Microphone: Has a 2-way intercom that can be used to communicate with anyone on the other end of the camera. Anti-noise filter is used for clear communication that negates all background sounds. You can use this feature in Intercom Mode (one person can speak at a time), or Hands-Free Mode (both can speak freely).
- Motion Detection: The Motion Detection feature accurately tracks any changes in the environment every 10 seconds and then sends you alerts.
- App: The iOS or Android app can be used to trigger any of its features and functions remotely.
- Cloud Compatibility: Videos can be uploaded directly to the cloud. However, you’ll have to buy a cloud monthly or yearly subscription.
3. Zmodo WiFi Security Camera Outdoor – Alexa Compatible Motion Sensor Camera
The Zmodo WiFi Security Camera Outdoor is one of the best Alexa compatible motion sensor camera for home security. Like Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera, this too works through voice activation via Alexa devices like Echo Show. However, it’s a lot more reasonable.
- Records videos in 720p resolution with a 81 degree lens. As such, it doesn’t provide a wide field of vision and you can only see straight ahead.
- It’s IP65 weatherproof and can withstand temperatures from -10℃ to 50℃.
- Can provide up to 65 feet of night vision through its IR LED lenses. Night Vision videos are taken in black and white. The sensitivity can also be manually adjusted.
- You also get the Zmodo app for iOS and Android which can be used to monitor all the cameras and trigger different functions.
- The motion detection sensors send you a notification whenever some movement is identified. You can also set up a specific motion detection zone in your house that needs to be focused on.
- All users get a 1-month free cloud service with a 7-day cloud backup plan. Cloud intelligence also helps fine-tune the motion detectors.
3 Best Outdoor Motion Activated Cameras Reviews
1. YI Outdoor Security Camera Motion Detection – Editor’s Pick
The YI Outdoor Security Camera Motion Detection is our Editor’s Pick for the best motion sensor cameras for outdoor recording. It has the ability to record extremely clear videos both during the day and night. Furthermore, if you’re installing a camera outdoors, it must be resistant to changes in temperature and climate, and this camera definitely meets that standard.
- Full HD Video Recording: Can record full HD 1080p videos with a 110 degree wide-angle lens that can capture a wide field of depth.
- Night Vision: This camera has the most advanced and clear night vision with 12 infrared 850nm LED lights that can record clearly even in pitch darkness. The radius of vision is up to 50 feet and it records videos at 20 frames per second at night.
- Weatherproof: It has an IP65 level waterproof rating and can withstand temperatures ranging from 5°F to 122°
- 2-Way Intercom: The microphone allows you to clearly communicate with possible intruders or visitors.
- Motion Detection: It has a sensitive motion detector sensor that can send you a notification whenever someone is approaching. It also sends a deterrent alarm as a warning.
- Cloud Compatible: Instead of storing videos in an SD card which can be stolen by thieves, it stores videos on the cloud.
- Yi Home App: The iOS and Android app allows you to check the footage whenever you need and trigger any features.
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. sv3c Motion Detection IP Camera – Best Value Pick
The sv3c Motion Detection IP Camera is our Best Value pick for the best motion detector cameras for outdoor surveillance. It packs an impressive set of features in a reasonable price point.
- Can record full HD 1080p videos at 30 frames per seconds.
- Comes with 36 pcs IR LED lights that can provide up to 67 feet of Night Vision in pitch darkness. This is an even better Night Vision than YI Outdoor Security Camera Motion Detection.
- Has an IP66 waterproof rating and is resistant to harsh weather and vandalism. It can withstand temperatures from -20°C to 60°
- In terms of Motion Detection, you can adjust the motion detection area, alarm sensitivity, and the motion sensitivity.
- Saves footage in a microSD card. It supports a maximum of 128GB SD card.
3. Zmodo EZCam Wireless Two-Way Audio Camera – Budget Pick
The Zmodo EZCam Wireless Two-Way Audio Camera is the cheapest motion detector camera for outdoor surveillance. It’s compatible with Alexa so you can voice activate it from within your home itself, as long as you have Alexa devices.
- Records 720p videos with a 115 degree wide-angle lens.
- The Night Vision IR LED lenses allow you to view up to 26 feet in complete darkness.
- The 2-way microphone has a built-in noise filter so you can communicate with people outdoors clearly without any white noise in the background.
- You can set up custom motion detection zones and sensitivity. Whenever it’s triggered, you get a notification in your phone with a short video clip.
- The cloud service can store videos for up to 36 hours. These clips can also be shared, downloaded, etc. You can also get a 30-day free trial for a Zmodo cloud service that can enhance the device’s motion intelligence.
3 Best Motion Sensor Hunting Trail Cameras Reviews
1. BYbrutek Motion Activated Wildlife Camera – Editor’s Choice
The BYbrutek Motion Activated Wildlife Camera is the ideal trail camera for wildlife surveillance and hunting because it’s perfectly camouflaged so it just looks like a part of the scenery, which makes it even more discreet.
- It can record 1080p videos with a 16 megapixel camera.
- It has an extremely powerful motion detection setting that takes up to 3 snapshots the moment it detects any motion. It has a low trigger time of 2-0.6 seconds and the highly sensitive 120°PIR sensor can detect motion from as far as 82 feet away.
- Great for nighttime photography, it has 46 850nm infrared LED lights that can record up to 65 feet away in pitch darkness.
- An outdoor camera must also be temperature and weather resistant. This BYbrutek Motion Activated Wildlife Camera has an IP56 waterproof, can withstand all changes in weather conditions, and temperatures ranging from -4℉ to 140℉.
- It provides a stand-by battery life of up to 8 months.
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. Reconyx HyperFire Infrared Digital Game Camera – Budget Pick
The Reconyx HyperFire Infrared Digital Game Camera is a no-glow high-output and discreet camouflaged video camera for hunting with motion detector.
- Can record 1080p videos at 20fps.
- It provides night vision up to 60 feet away.
- Can withstand temperatures from -20℉ to 120℉.
- Comes with an adjustable bungee chord for mounting of the device.
- It’s weatherproof.
3. Bestguarder Trail Hunting Scouting Ghost Camera – Best Value Pick
The Bestguarder Trail Hunting Scouting Ghost Camera is a well camouflaged and reasonable motion detector camera for hunting purposes.
- It can record 1080p videos.
- Has a trigger speed of 0.65 seconds and can produce 1-9 images per trigger.
- Highly sensitive motion detectors.
- Has 36 IR LED lights that can record videos and take pictures from a 75 feet distance.
- Can create time lapse videos.
- In Hybrid Mode it takes a picture followed by a video when the motion detection is triggered.
So now you know all about the different leading motion activated security cameras in the market. As you can see, in this article, we tried to offer a well-rounded review of the 3 best motion detector cameras for various purposes – spying, protecting your home, car, and outdoors, and hunting!
All of our recommendations have been personally tested and they’ve been recommended by highly trained and reputable security firms. As such, you can trust them. We know we sure do!
You might be concerned about just how easy it is to install spy cameras. After all, as you’ve seen, you can buy a cheap spy camera off Amazon and install it somewhere within seconds! If you’re afraid that someone might be spying on you, we’d recommend also getting a hidden camera detector and sweeping your entire house for possible bugs.
Having said that, go ahead and buy yourself a motion sensor camera! If you have any other questions, feel free to mention them down in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!