Table of Contents
- Mini Spy Cameras for Bathrooms Reviews
- 1. Fuvision Electrical Outlet Hidden Spy Camera – Editor’s Pick
- 2. TPEKKA Mini Hidden Camera in Bathroom – Budget Pick
- 3. SOOSPY Spy Hidden Camera for Bathroom – Best Value Pick
- 4. NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Bathroom – Smallest Wireless Spy Camera
- 5. PHYLINK Mini Pinhole Spy Camera for Bathroom – Motion Detection Mini Spy Camera
- 6. FULAO Hidden Spy Clothes Hook Cam – Innovative Hook Mini Spy Camera
- 7. Hi Res Power Receptacle Self Recording Spy Camera
- How to Set up a Hidden Camera in Your Bathroom
The world of hidden cameras has recently even flooded with different types of spy cameras – wearable body cameras, peephole cameras, spy glasses, camera clocks, etc. Most of these cameras are extremely obvious to a discerning person, and none of them offers an insight into a part of the house you really should be monitoring – the bathroom.
In this article, we’ve listed out the 7 best mini spy cameras in the market. These products have been compiled after reviewing and personally testing dozens of mini cameras for bathrooms, and in consultation with trained surveillance experts.
And we also give you a step-by-step simple guide to setup a hidden camera in bathroom after the introduction of these 7 best mini cameras. We hope it helps you!
Mini Spy Cameras for Bathrooms Reviews
1. Fuvision Electrical Outlet Hidden Spy Camera – Editor’s Pick
The Fuvision Electrical Outlet Hidden Spy Camera is the ideal hidden spy camera to be installed in your home. It looks just like a regular power outlet so no one will suspect that they are being recorded.
However, it’s a non-functional electrical outlet, so you can’t actually use it for power, only for covert surveillance.
- Records videos in full HD 1080p resolution.
- The videos are saved in SD cards that can go up to 32 GBs. The internal pre-installed SD card is 16 GBs.
- Viewing the videos is extremely simple. You just have to connect a USB cable to the device.
- The camera can last up to 15 days in PIR motion activation mode. As such, you don’t have to continuously charge it.
- It can be stuck to any wall or surface via a 3M mounting tape and the installation takes just about 30 seconds.
- The cover of the socket board can be easily removed to access the SD card and batteries.
- Motion detection is activated so it starts recording whenever it registers a movement.
- All videos are date and time stamped.
- There are two face plates available, one in white and beige.
- You can check more details about this awesome mini spy camera on Amazon >>
Why it’s my #1 Choice:
2. TPEKKA Mini Hidden Camera in Bathroom – Budget Pick
The TPEKKA Mini Hidden Camera in Bathroom is so small that it can be attached to your little finger. This is our Budget Pick for the best mini spy cameras because it’s the cheapest product in the market and it still performs brilliantly.
- Records videos in HD 800TVL definition with excellent stability.
- It’s designed like a screw so you can attach it anywhere and no one will look at it twice. It can be hidden in plain sight.
- Consumes very little power.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
3. SOOSPY Spy Hidden Camera for Bathroom – Best Value Pick
The SOOSPY Spy Hidden Camera for Bathroom is our Best Value pick for the best mini spy cameras because it packs a vast number of strong features at a very low price point.
It bears the appearance of a little black magnetic dice, similar to NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera.
It can be stuck to any surface such as a table, a chair, a light socket, refrigerator, etc. Because it can be attached and installed so easily, it’s one of the most convenient spy cameras.
What makes it stand out
4. NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Bathroom – Smallest Wireless Spy Camera
The NIYPS Mini Spy Hidden Camera Bathroom is the smallest wireless spy camera in the market. It cam be held in the tip of your fingers and weighs just 3.2 ounces. It looks like a little magnetic dice that can be stuffed or attached anywhere.
You can attach it to a power socket, a light bulb, a vase, a refrigerator, or anywhere at all.
It’s so small and unobtrusive that no one will be suspicious while it continues recording images.
What makes it stand out
5. PHYLINK Mini Pinhole Spy Camera for Bathroom – Motion Detection Mini Spy Camera
The PHYLINK Mini Pinhole Spy Camera for Bathroom is an extremely small mini spy camera that can be integrated into any nook or corner of the bathroom.
It comes with a 6 meter long cable attached to a sensor unit that needs to be attached to the camera.
Once it has been connected, you can activate WiFi via your phone and activate the camera and set it up.
What makes it stand out
6. FULAO Hidden Spy Clothes Hook Cam – Innovative Hook Mini Spy Camera
The FULAO Hidden Spy Clothes Hook Cam is one of the most innovative mini spy cameras in the market. It looks just like an ordinary hook for clothes and hats that you can install at the back of your bathroom door.
There’s a little hole in the hook to which the camera lens is attached.
It’s not visible to the naked eye and it can record videos discreetly. It’s also really cheap.
What makes it stand out
7. Hi Res Power Receptacle Self Recording Spy Camera
The Hi Res Power Receptacle Self Recording Spy Camera is extremely similar to the Fuvision Electrical Outlet Hidden Spy Camera. This is also a mini spy camera hidden within a non-functional power outlet that’s available in two colors – white and beige.
- Produces no bleeps, lights, or sound, so it’s completely discreet. No one suspects a power outlet of being a spy camera.
- Records 720p videos with a Sony 4.3mm lens at 12 frames per second. The frame rate is pretty low so the videos will seem slow.
- The viewing angle is 70 degrees tall by 80 degrees wide so it’s not wide-angled at all.
- The internal SD card is 8 GBs but expandable to 32 GBs.
- Can record 1 hour of footage at a single charge.
- The videos are date and time stamped.
How to Set up a Hidden Camera in Your Bathroom
So now you’ve probably figured out which mini spy camera to buy for your bathroom. But that’s not the end of the journey. Now comes the important part – how to set up a hidden camera in your bathroom in a way that no one is suspicious?
Perhaps you want to monitor someone’s activities in the bathroom without their knowledge. Perhaps you’re a parent who’s worried that your kids might be smoking weed in the bathroom. Whatever your reasons, you want to make sure that you’re not detected.
In this part of the article, I’ll show you how to install a mini spy camera in your bathroom.
Step 1: Choose the Best Mini Spy Camera for YOUR Bathroom
As you probably figured out after going through our top 7 mini spy cameras, there are a lot of different types of cameras in the market. They come with different features and they also look different.
Some of the mini spy cameras look like a shower hook, some look like power outlets, and some look like a tiny magnetic dice. These are generally objects that can be found in the bathroom, so they won’t draw suspicion. Placing a camera in a bathroom hook behind the door is ideal because it gets a direct line of sight on the bathroom. But the drawback here is that the individual might hang something on the hook and it could block the camera.
You need to figure out which mini spy camera will be best concealed in YOUR bathroom.
Step 2: Plug the Camera into a Socket or Charge it
Mini spy cameras are either AC-powered or they’re battery powered. Both of them have their pros and cons. An AC-powered camera can record non-stop without having to be charged, but it’s also less discrete. And a battery-powered camera is discreet but it needs to be constantly charged.
You should keep your battery-powered camera fully charged at all times, and ideally get a Motion-Triggered camera to preserve battery. And if you have to plug into a socket, make sure it’s well concealed.
Step 3: Install the Relevant Software
Your mini spy camera probably came with a software or it might be accompanied with a free iOS and Android app. If the software is available in a CD, enter it into your computer and follow the setup instructions. If you’ve received instructions regarding the app, then download it from the App Store and install it into your phone.
Step 4: Plug the Wireless Receiver to your Computer
The best mini spy cameras are wireless and they can transmit information through WiFi or another similarly wireless means using a receiver. In this case, make sure the receiver is plugged into your computer correctly. Before you go live with the spy cam, make sure that the images are being transmitted clearly to your computer.
An alternative to a wireless camera is using an SD card in your mini spy camera. In this case, however, you will have to retrieve the memory card from the camera physically and access it in your computer.
Step 5: Listen to the Audio
One of the crucial aspects of surveillance is sound. Oftentimes, you get more information from listening rather than seeing. As such, you should make sure that the camera is positioned in a place where it can hear the surroundings clearly. Keep it away from anything that could generate white noise such as a tap, a ventilator, etc, because they can distort the speaker’s voice.
Step 6: Finding the Ideal Location
Now you need to make sure that you place the camera in place that it fulfills several criteria:
- It should not be placed somewhere it could get splashed on by water. It is a bathroom after all!
- It should have a clear line of sight to the bathroom.
- The voice should be audible and kept away from taps, ventilators, etc.
- Should be located either concealed from view, or disguised in a manner that it doesn’t draw suspicion.
Use adhesive strips or mounting screws to make sure it doesn’t shake and wobble.
Step 7: Make Sure the Lighting is Ideal
In order to capture high-quality and clear shots, your bathroom needs to be well lit. However, some cameras get visually obstructed if the source of the light is flashing directly at the camera.
As such, make sure that the bathroom is well lit and that the camera is facing away from direct light.
Step 8: Testing!
Now, finally, you need to test the camera to make sure it is working properly. In fact, for the next couple of days, you should test it regularly just to make sure it’s recording properly and there’s no obstruction.
Once you’re satisfied that it functions well, you can hang back and simply access it whenever the need arises.
So now you know all about the 7 best mini spy cameras for bathrooms. All of the cameras mentioned in this list have been thoroughly vetted by our team and we have also consulted expert surveillance technicians to make sure we’re recommending the best products possible.
However, while some product might work great for one individual, it might not work as well for another. So choose wisely according to your specific needs.
At the end of this article, we’ve also given you a detailed step-by-step overview of how to set up a hidden camera in your bathroom.
If you have any other questions about invisible mini cameras for the bathroom, you can mention it down in the comments section.