There are a lot of mobile location tracker apps available in the market. While some of them are legit and authentic, others simply scam you out of your money. As such, it’s important to know which mobile location tracker app to trust. In this article, we’ll show you how to track someone’s location without them knowing using the right tracker app.
Read on to find out how to track a cell phone location without them knowing.
Part 1: How to Track a Cell Phone Location Without Them Knowing
Table of Contents
There are several factors you should take into consideration when you’re choosing a mobile location tracker app – reliability, cost-efficiency, whether it can be used without jailbreaking, how powerful its features are, and stealth. Taking all of these aspects into consideration, I highly recommend you use Cocospy for mobile phone location tracking.
Why should I use Cocospy?
There are a lot of convincing reasons for why you should use Cocospy for tracking cell phone location. For one, it’s one of the most reliable and trusted apps in the market and comes with some very positive feedback from users. Furthermore, it’s used by over 1 million people in over 190 countries across the globe.
While Cocospy has a great location tracking feature, it also has a number of other features. As such, you can use Cocospy to monitor the target’s cell phone messages, call logs, facebook messages, etc. And before buying it, you can also check out a FREE live demo!
Do I need to Root or Jailbreak the target phone?
Rooting or Jailbreaking the target phone is NOT necessary if you want to simply track someone’s location. If you have access to the target individual’s iCloud credentials, you can use that information to access their iPhone and you will be able to track their location.
However, if you root and jailbreak the target phone, and purchase the Premium Package of Cocospy, you gain access to a special location tracking feature. You can then also enable Geofencing on the target phone.
This means that you can set up a boundary on the phone. As such, when the target individual leaves that boundary, you get a notification. Furthermore, you can also use this feature to track all of their locations throughout the day. (Click here to know more about Geofence Alert)
As such, if you want to simply track a cell phone’s location, rooting and jailbreak isn’t necessary. However, if you want to set up geofencing, jailbreak and rooting is necessary.
How to track a cell phone without them knowing via Cocospy
In this part of the article, we’ll show you how to track a cell phone location without them knowing.
Step 1: Create your account and sign up with Cocospy.
1) For Android -Download the Cocospy app and install it into the target phone.
2) For iOS – Enter the target device’s iCloud credentials (to track without jailbreaking). Alternatively, you can gain access to the device, jailbreak it, and install the app into the device (to access all the jailbreak features.)
Step 3: Now you have access to the target individual’s phone in the Cocospy dashboard. Go to the ‘Locations’ tab if you want to track their location, and go to the ‘Geofence’ tab if you want to set up geofencing.
Is Cocospy Invisible?
Cocospy is completely invisible and discreet. (Check Cocospy Stealth Mode here)
If you use the no jailbreak version, you have nothing to worry about as the app won’t be seen in the target phone anyway.
If you use the no root version, you can also hide the icon after installation.
However, even if you jailbreak/root the target device and install the app into it, you can still hide it so that the target individual doesn’t find out. This enables you to track someone’s location without them knowing.
Part 2: How to Track a Cell Phone Location for Free Without Them Knowing
If you don’t want to purchase a third-party service like Cocospy, you still have other options. The most popular means of tracking a cell phone location for free is the “Find my iPhone” feature.
While Find my iPhone is very efficient, this option will only work if you want to locate your own iPhone. This method if meant for individuals who want to find their own iPhone after it has either been lost or stolen. This cannot help you monitor someone else’s cell phone without them knowing.
Furthermore, this method will only work if you keep your Location in your phone turned on and if your phone has access to the internet.
How to track a cell phone location for free using ‘Find my iPhone’:
- Download the ‘Find my iPhone‘ app from the App Store and install it into another iOS device.
- Access it with your personal iCloud credentials.
- You’ll find a list of devices associated with that iCloud. Select the iPhone you want to track.
- You’ll find a map with the precise location of your iPhone pointed out.
- Now you can either use the map to go and collect your iPhone, or you can trigger one of three actions – Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase iPhone. The Play Sound feature will set off an alarm, thus drawing attention to itself. The Lost Mode will shut down the device with a password and then you can flash a custom message on the screen, hoping that a passerby will collect it and return it to you. Finally, the Erase iPhone function will erase everything in the iPhone so this should be a last resort option, and is advisable only if your iPhone has been stolen.
Part 3: How to track an Android phone location for free
Similar to iPhone ‘Find my iPhone’, Android phones can be tracked for free using Google’s Android Device Manager’s ‘Find my Device‘ page.
However, similar to Find my iPhone, this method also cannot be used to track someone else’s cell phone location without them knowing. It’s meant for users to be able to track their own Android phones if they’ve been lost or stolen. Furthermore, in order for it to work your device needs to be connected to the internet and the Location tracking feature should be turned on.
How to track an Android phone location for free using Find my Device:
- Go to the Find my Device
- Log into your Google account and grant permission for location tracking.
- A green dot on a map will point out your device’s GPS location.
- To the left of the screen, you’ll find three options you can use – Play Sound, Lock, and Erase. Play Sound will set off an alarm for five minutes. Lock will shut it down with a password so no one can access it. And Erase will erase all the content in the phone in case it has been stolen.
Alternative Method – Find Your Phone
‘Find my Device’ gives you access to 3 simple features after the phone’s location has been tracked. In comparison, the ‘Find Your Phone‘ feature gives you access to many more options.
- Go to the Find Your Phone
- You’ll find a list of all the devices that logged into your Google Account. Select the device you want to track.
- Now you’ll find a number of different utilities you can use:
- Check Recent Security Events – This will show a log of all the recent password changes and account detail changes. If someone has used your phone to tamper with your account, you’ll find out.
- Lock Phone – Lock the phone so no one can access it. Furthermore, this feature will also allow you to write a note for the Finder of the phone and enter a phone number. As such, if someone finds the phone, they can call you directly.
- Call your Phone – This feature will give you access to your phone’s contact list. As such, you can either call the phone to draw someone’s attention, or you can call anyone else from your contact list.
- Sign Out of Google -This will log you out of Google on the device so no one else can access your information.
- Erase Phone – This will erase all the information on your phone. This is a last resort method which you can use if your phone has been stolen.
- Locate – The Locate link will be on the right side of the page. It will take you to a map of the cell phone location so you can go and collect it.
You can use either of the methods – Find My Device and Find Your Phone – to locate a lost or stolen Android phone that has been logged on to Google.
Part 4: Useful tips to track a cell phone without them knowing
If you’re trying to track someone’s location without them knowing, you should take precautions to avoid getting caught. The following are some useful tips to track a cell phone location without them knowing:
- Always use updated monitoring apps. If you use an outdated app, there might be bugs in it that will warn the tracked individual that they’re being spied on.
- Use a versatile app that can perform a number of functions – tracking location, calls, messages, etc. This will give you a better opportunity to spy and it will give you more control over their phone.
- Be sure to check the app’s compatibility to make sure it’s meant for the target phone. If you use the app on an incompatible phone, the chances of it leaking and exposing your footprints become higher.
- Use a strong account username and password that no one knows about. If someone accesses your account, they’ll find out about your spying activities.
If you simply follow these tips and precautions, you can track anyone’s cell phone location without them knowing.
In this article, we’ve shown you some simple ways by which to track a cell phone location. The first method – Cocospy – can help you track a cell phone location without them knowing, however it is not free. The other two methods are meant for iPhones and Android phones respectively and they can only be used to track your own cell phone location for free.
Finally, depending on your needs and the circumstance, you can use the method that’s most suited to you. Do comment below if you have any questions about how to track phone location.