“Is it possible for me to use a mobile current location tracker to find someone’s location? I need to learn how to track a cell phone location without installing software, please help!”
In recent moths, we’ve been getting a lot of similar questions from people. We’ve gotten queries from worried parents who want to find out where their kids go to after school. We’ve heard from employers who ar e afraid that their employees might be meeting with their competitors. And we’ve also heard from spouses who are suspecting their partner of cheating on them. In all of these cases, there’s only one way anyone can find out what’s true – secretly tracking cell phone location.
There are a lot of different apps with which you can track a cell phone location. However, most of them require you to install a software into the target phone or perform a jailbreak. This can increase the chance of getting caught, and it exposes the target phone to malware. In this article, we’ll show you how to secretly track someone else’s cell phone location for free without installing software.
Part 1: Using “Find my iPhone” to Track Your iPhone Location Without Installing Software
Studies show that 50% of the world’s population suffers from Nomophobia. This is an irrational fear of losing one’s phone, and it feels something like losing one’s own limbs. Phones are extremely easy to lose, almost impossible to find without location tracking, and they’re our most valuable possessions. Furthermore, if you own an iPhone, this gets even worse because iPhones are also way too expensive.
However, Apple has created a system wherein you can track your iPhone location for free without installing software. It’s called “Find my iPhone.” This is a little app that allows you to track down your iPhone’s exact location. However, in order for this to work, you have to keep your iPhone’s Location Mode On, and it should be connected to the internet.
How to track your lost iPhone location for free via Find My iPhone?
- Download Find my iPhone from the Apple Store.
- Enable the Find My iPhone from your settings. To do so, go to Settings > iCloud. Now enter your Apple ID and toggle the Find My iPhone switch.
- If you’ve lost your iPhone and you want to find it, you’ll have to access Find My iPhone from another iOS device. You’ll have to install Find My iPhone into that device and enter your account details.
- Now you’ll get a map of all your various Apple devices. Select the device that you want to find.
- Once you do, you’ll get an exact location of your iPhone, along with several other options. Now you can do one of the following things:
- Find the shortest driving route and go retrieve your phone.
- Click on ‘Play Sound’ to set off an alarm that will go off in full volume for 2 minutes. This will alert passersby of the phone’s presence.
- Click on ‘Lost Mode’ to put the phone on lock. Now you can also flash a custom message on the screen, along with a phone number. As such, if some good samaritan finds it, they can contact you and keep it safe for you.
- As a last resort, if you’re afraid your iPhone has been stolen, click on ‘Erase iPhone’ to wipe it clean.
With these steps, you’ll be able to reunite with your iPhone in no time!
Part 2: Using iCloud to Track Your iPhone Location Without Installing Software
The previous step will only work if you have another iOS device or iPhone lying around. That’s because it relies on you using the Find My iPhone app, which only works with iOS devices. However, if you don’t have that, you can always log into your iCloud account and still track your iPhone location without installing software. iCloud can basically perform the same functions as Find My iPhone, except it can do so from any internet browser.
How to track your iPhone location without installing software using iCloud?
- Go to iCloud.com and log into your account using your Apple ID and password.
- From the dashboard, click on the Find My iPhone icon.
- You’ll find an interactive map with the locations of all your Apple devices. From the upper left corner, click on ‘My Devices’ and select the iPhone you want to locate.
- Now you can either follow the GPS to find the exact location of the iPhone, or you can trigger one of the following features:
- Play Sound to set off a loud alarm for 2 minutes.
- Lost Mode to lock the phone and flash a custom message and number on the screen.
- Erase iPhone to delete all of its data as a last resort.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to track your iPhone location without having to install a software. However, this method will only work if your Location is turned on in your iPhone, and if it’s connected to the internet.
Part 3: How to Track Your Own Samsung Phone Location Without Installing Software
Tracking a Samsung phone location has the same method as an iPhone. It’s just as simple and convenient. However, this method only works when you’re tracking your own lost phone. It won’t help you track someone else’s cell phone location.
Samsung Phones come with a built-in feature called Find My Mobile with which you can easily track cell phone location. However, in order to use this feature, there are a few conditions:
- You would need to have a Samsung Account ready. You can create one by going to Settings > Account > Add Account. Now select Samsung Account.
- It’s necessary that your Location feature is toggled on.
- Your phone needs to be connected to the internet.
How to track Samsung phone location for free?
- Log in to your Samsung account by entering your ID and password.
- Click on the Find My Mobile icon and select the Samsung phone you want to track.
- Now, you have several options to choose from:
- Locate My Mobile: This will show you the exact GPS location of the phone on an interactive map.
- Lock My Mobile: This will lock your mobile so no one else can access it.
- Ring My Mobile: This will send a call to your mobile so a passersby can receive it and you can talk to them about what to do with the phone.
- Wipe My Mobile: If you fear your phone is stolen, you can delete all the data from it so no one can access it.
Part 4: How to Track Other Android Phone Location for Free
The previous method only works for Samsung phones, not all Android phones. This method is more universal. Almost all Android phone have a Google account. If so, you can use the Android Device Manager to track an Android phone location for free.
However, in order to use this feature, certain conditions need to first be met:
- You need to activate the Android Device Manager tool from your phone. You can do so by going to Settings > Security. Now toggle on the options called “Remotely locate this device” and “Allow remote lock and erase”.
- Next, you need to go to Settings > Location, and toggle on the “Access to my Location” option.
How to track other Android phone location for free using Android Device Manager:
- Download the Find My Device location tracker app into another phone.
- Sign in with your Google account details.
- Now you’ll be taken to a map with all your devices listed in the bottom. Select the one that you want to track.
- Now you can take one of the following actions:
- Find the exact location of the Android phone in the interactive map.
- Play Sound at a loud volume to draw attention.
- Lock Device so that it can’t be used. You can also enter a custom message and a phone number that will be flashed on the screen.
- Reset the screen lock pin if you feel it has been compromised.
- Erase all of your phone’s data so no one else can access it.
With these steps, you’ll be able to regain access to your lost Android phone.