Are you looking for the best tracking apps for Android? Since you’re reading this article, you probably are.
We often get questions from people who are looking to track Android phones for free. We hear from parents looking to track their kids’ Android phones, from suspicious employers, and even from spouses. However, what they all have in common is that they want an Android tracker app that doesn’t require rooting.
Most Android tracker apps in the market require you to root the target phone. This is inadvisable because it’s a complicated process, it means you’ll need longer access with the target phone, and it leaves the phone vulnerable to malware. Most people don’t want to harm the target individual’s phone in the process of tracking it.
Keeping those considerations in mind, we’ve compiled this list of the top 10 best tracking apps for Android that don’t require rooting.
Part 1: #1 Best Tracking App for Android – Cocospy
Table of Contents
- Part 1: #1 Best Tracking App for Android – Cocospy
- Part 2: #2 Best Tracking App for Android – mSpy
- Part 3: #3 Best Tracking App for Android – Spyzie
- Part 4: #4 Best Android Phone Tracker – hoverwatch
- Part 5: #5 Best Android Phone Tracker – FlexiSPY
- Part 6: #6 Best Free Android Tracking App – iKeyMonitor
- Part 7: #7 Best GPS Tracking App for Android – TheTruthSpy
- Part 8: #8 Best Free Android Tracking App – Highster Mobile
- Part 9: #9 Best Android GPS Tracker – XNSPY
- Part 10: #10 Best Location Tracker App for Android – Spyera
Cocospy is one of the newest tracking apps in the industry. However, it has already become a leader of the mobile tracking field because of its impressive features and reliability. With Cocospy you can track the target individual’s exact location via their GPS signals. You also gain access to the user’s entire route history.
Why Cocospy is the best phone tracker app for Android:
- You don’t need to root the target Android phone. You simply need to install the Cocospy app into it and voila!
- If you do root the target phone, your location tracking will get even more powerful. Then you’ll be able to access Geofencing as well. This feature allows you to set up a physical boundary around the target phone. As such, whenever the individual goes beyond that boundary, you receive a notification.
- Cocospy saves all information, including date and time stamps. As such, you can go back any time and check the user’s past routes.
- Cocospy also gives you access to a free Demo.
How to track a cell phone online?
- Go to the Cocospy website and sign up.
- Access the target Android phone and install Cocospy into it. Hide the app’s icon immediately after.
- From the Cocospy dashboard, select the ‘Location’ feature. Now you’ll be able to track the Android phone remotely.
Part 2: #2 Best Tracking App for Android – mSpy
mSpy is equally powerful as Cocospy, and they have most of the same features. However, mSpy is lower in this list because it’s also more expensive. When it comes to location tracking, mSpy allows you to see the target user’s current whereabouts on an interactive map. You can also check their entire route history from any period when you’ve been tracking them.
What makes mSpy stand out?
mSpy is an extremely discreet app and even after you install the mSpy app into the target phone, you can easily hide the icon. Furthermore, it has come of the most powerful features amongst all the tracking apps.
If you root the target Android phone, you can also access the Geofencing feature. With this feature you can create a parameter for the target phone. As such, whenever they leave that area, you’ll be notified.
How to track another mobile phone online?
- Buy mSpy. It comes in three packages – Basic, Advanced, Family. The Advanced package gives you access to advanced tracking features like Geofencing, however, that requires rooting of the target phone. As such, you should buy the Basic package for simple location tracking without rooting. You can also get the Family Kit if you want to monitor up to 3 devices simultaneously.
- You’ll get a Welcome email with a link to your personal mSpy control panel.
- Now, while setting up your account, choose the options that state you want to track an Android phone, and then choose the No-Rooting version.
- Gain access to the target phone and install mSpy into it. If you’re having trouble, you can also call the mSpy support for help, or you can hire mAssistance to come over and physically install the app for you.
- From the mSpy control panel, you can choose the ‘Location’ option and track the target Android phone.
Part 3: #3 Best Tracking App for Android – Spyzie
Spyzie is another powerful tracking app for Android. It’s also quite reasonable. However, unlike mSpy and Cocospy, it doesn’t come with a lot of great reviews and doesn’t have a strong reputation. With Spyzie’s GPS location tracker, you can check out the exact location of the target phone along with its route history.
What makes Spyzie great?
- The most important and unique feature of Soyzie is the fact that it’s completely discreet. As soon as you install the Spyzie app into the target phone, the app’s icon automatically disappears. As opposed to this, the app icons in other tracker apps have to be manually deleted. By making this process automatic, Spyzie negates the possibility of human error.
- Spyzie monitoring app can be downloaded for Android. As such, you can track the target phone from your app anywhere you are. You don’t need access to a computer or a web browser.
How to track someone’s cell phone secretly?
- Go to spyzie.com. Sign up for an account.
- Enter the target Android phone’s details while setting up.
- Gain access to the target phone and install Spyzie into it without rooting.
- Go to the Control Panel and track the Android phone’s location.
Part 4: #4 Best Android Phone Tracker – hoverwatch
hoverwatch is the cheapest Android phone tracker in the market. hoverwatch collects GPS signals and the signals from any nearby WiFi spots and send information to the user’ Control Panel so you can find the target phone’s exact location. The information received is extremely accurate and allows you to track the phone in a detailed and interactive map, along with identifying its location history. Rooting is not necessary for hoverwatch.
Part 5: #5 Best Android Phone Tracker – FlexiSPY
FlexiSPY is one of the most powerful GPS tracker apps for Android phones. Its GPS tracking feature is extremely user-friendly and efficient. It provides you an accurate real-time GPS location of the target device. The interactive map shows both the user’s current location and their entire route history for the specified period. You also get the date and time stamps of when the location data was received. Furthermore, FlexiSPY can also track phones that are on hidden mode. Even though FlexiSPY has some of the most powerful features, it comes lower in this list because its the most expensive app in the market. Even FlexiSPY’s basic version is more expensive than some of the advanced versions of other apps.
Part 6: #6 Best Free Android Tracking App – iKeyMonitor
iKeyMonitor allows you to track the precise GPS location of the target Android phone based on preset intervals. As such, it doesn’t keep updating the location every second, but rather does so at intervals you have established. You can customize the GPS intervals as well. The app gives you access to the user’s current coordinates, a list of neighboring addresses, and access to the phone’s route history. Furthermore, you can also use the iKeyMonitor trial version for 3 days.
Part 7: #7 Best GPS Tracking App for Android – TheTruthSpy
TheTruthSpy is not exactly one of the best GPS tracking apps for Android. However, it is reasonable. Its GPS tracking feature gives you access to the phone’s location in real time, and you can check their past locations as well. However, I would warn you against using TheTruthSpy because it has terrible user reviews. If, despite that, you are persuaded by the cheap price, you should start with its 48 hour free trial. This will give you the option of not purchasing it if you don’t like it.
Part 8: #8 Best Free Android Tracking App – Highster Mobile
Highster Mobile is one of the most basic Android tracking apps in the market. It can track the accurate GPS location of the target device without rooting the phone. However, it doesn’t have access to advanced features like Geofencing. Despite that limitation, this app is still worth a shot because it’s the cheapest in the long run. Unlike other apps, which you have to renew on a periodic basis, Highster Mobile only offers a single package with a lifetime subscription. This makes it a cheap investment.
Part 9: #9 Best Android GPS Tracker – XNSPY
XNSPY is a fairly basic Android GPS tracker that doesn’t require rooting. This app allows you to track the target phone’s current location with 100% accuracy. If you want to find out where they have been in the past, you can simply check the route history. This feature will give you time and sate stamps for when each location updates were collected. You can also set alerts on specific locations so if the target user goes there, you’ll find out. This feature is extremely useful for parents who want to keep their kids away from certain locations.
Part 10: #10 Best Location Tracker App for Android – Spyera
Spyera is one of the most basic location tracker apps for Android. However, it does do the bare minimum of giving you location updates on a timely basis, and providing the target user’s route history as well. However, the best part about this tool is that it comes with a 10 days money back guarantee. As such, if you don’t like it, or if you no longer need it, you can simply return it and get your refund.
So now you know all about the top 10 best tracking apps for Android for which you don’t need to root the target phone. My personal recommendation would be using Cocospy as it’s the most powerful and efficient, and is extremely reliable as well. However, any of the top 3 picks would make for a great choice.
If you have any other questions regarding how to track Android phones, or which app to use, please mention it in the comments section below.